Firstly, I want to ask you,what is social media. The best way to define social media is to break it down. Media is an instrument on communication, like a newspaper or a radio, so social media would be a social instrument of communication.But social network is a social structure consisting of individuals or groups who are connected to each other. I think social network belongs to social media. Social media is not only giving you informations, but also let you make commends as well. Think of regular media as a one-way street where you can read a newspaper or listen to a report on television, but you have very limited ability to give your thoughts on the matter. Social media, on the other hand, is a two-way street that gives you the ability to communication too.The latest happenings in social media, plus tips on using Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Foursquare and other social tools on the web.
Next, I would like to talk about social media analysis.From social media analysis, we can study human social behavior and create better systems to support users and their social activities. We can analysis some character from a large amount of data collection in social media services. From the data we have collect ed, we can through content analysis, network analysis and banking to make some meaningful survey. Rosanna give us some cases about the discoveries we learnt from social media analysis.
The following classes let us know content analysis. From the paper I read on the Internet, I found that we can we can do a lot of meaningful findings which can help people and make out life convenient. From the article I read about "10 things we learned about social media users' charitable habits", we can found the answer about "do social media users really absorb the message?" or "do people use activism on a social platform instead of actually donating money to a charitable cause?" .
There are some founding I want to share with you.
From the picture, we can find that the precise nature of the relationship between social good and platforms like Facebook and Twitter can often be unclear.
There are many ways we can use to make analysis, like NLP and document comparison which I want to learn more clearly and talk about it later.




What a useful post! I can learn that you have gotten a good cognition of our course. We are now living in a world of numerous messages. Nearly all of us use social platform to get and share information. More and more netizen have been used to social software. So social media analysis is more and more significant recently. I do believe we can enjoy the courses and get a lot of benefit.
回复删除Cool, I agree your point . And I think the most direct use of social media is the economics effect and the social benefit of the collection of big data through social media. How we achieve it is the next point we need to learn.
回复删除I really like your idea on social media,especially " The best way to define social media is to break it down".From your analysis,I can easily find the core of social media ,that means social media stress "social" which give everyone of us the chance to express our own thoughts.
回复删除I have to say it's a detailed blog. I understand the concept of media through your blog.It is very interesting. Also, I find the figures in the blog especially accurate. I like the blog you wrote. It's a thoughtful blog for me to learn from.
回复删除Life has changed a lot as the development of social media. I can clearly remember those days when I was young, the only way for me to communicate with my friends is face to face. After the social media appear, there are too many ways to approach to my friends and share information with them. But frankly, sometimes I prefer talking with them face to face rather than using social media.
回复删除me too... lets spend some time talk in person:-)
删除just wanna say many thx that you bring the contents taught in the lecture into much details, I learnt a lot, found some interesting results from the artical you mentioned. its really a fruitful post you made
回复删除I agree with the point that the best way to define social media is to break it down. So we have the logical way to learn the social media and I really learned a lot from your blog~thanks!
回复删除It's a great summary of social media. It reminds me about the course content. Thanks. By the way, the example of charity is excellent.
回复删除As you mentioned above, social media has a vital role in renovating our daily life style. What's more, I think you raised an interesting topic, you said that social network belongs to social media, it's quite worth discussing. Hope we can have some deeper and further investigation.
回复删除Hi xiaoxiao, it's really enjoyable to read your blog,and I do agree with your roughly introduction of social media and social network,looking forward to your next blog~
回复删除Social media really change us a lot. The first time I talk to my grilfriend was on Renren platform, and we know more about each other on Renren, too. Social media brings me love.
回复删除